All you need package for the Step Smart brace wearer who needs the comfort and stability of a cuffed calf section on the brace. The Cuffed Calf is a slightly higher and wider calf section for the brace that cups the back of the leg, dispersing the pressure of the brace over a wider area and limiting side-to-side motion of the calf section. Users with muscle mass loss, thin skin, and nerve pain in the area find this to be a better option for them when wearing the Step Smart brace.
The Step Smart Brace is a lightweight, fully articulated brace for those who suffer with drop foot.
This package includes:
- 1 Sm/Med or Lg/XL Step Smart brace with Top cover*
- 1 Hip Square** Compensatory Insert with Top cover
- 2 Compression component (bumper) kits total with 1 horseshoe velcro piece ***
- 1 Cuffed Calf addition ****
- 1 Extra Calf Strap
Cost $444 if purchased separately.
* Top Cover: Foam-backed black leather pad that is glued to the top of foot section for added comfort and cushion
** Hip Square: An exact match product to maintain a level hip line and leg length equality, for wearers of the Step-Smart® Brace for Drop Foot.
*** Compression component kits and Velcro: Variety packs of bumpers that vary in density and resistance level to assist in dialing in the proper level of pressure and lift for each user. Horseshoe Velcro- optional piece for securing brace in shoe.
**** Cuffed Calf: slightly higher and wider calf section for the brace that cups the back of the leg dispersing the pressure of the brace over a wider area and limiting side-to-side motion of the calf section