What is your return policy?
- RETURN POLICYYou have 7 days from the date you receive your Step-Smart to return it in the United States. All other products are non-returnable. NO INTERNATIONAL RETURNS.
If you’d like to return your product please call 207-885-0414 for a return authorization number. Returns will not be processed without the return authorization number, thank you!
Do you refund shipping costs?
- No, we do not refund shipping costs.
Step-Smart Brace Q&A
How do I determine what size brace I need?
- We have small/medium and large/x-large and it goes by your shoe size and the width of your heel. We also sell and x-small and xx-large. These two sizes are custom.
Does insurance cover the brace?
- Most insurance companies do cover the brace. However, we don’t handle insurance claims here. You would need a prescription for the “Step-Smart Brace and no substitutions” and see either a Podiatrist or an Orthotist.
Is there a warranty on the brace?
- There is a 90 day warranty on breakage.
What material is the brace made of?
- The Step Smart brace is made out of a hard Polypro plastic.
Will the brace allow walking up on the ball of my foot (e.g. heal to toe)?
- The Step-Smart does allow for a natural gait pattern of heel strike followed by the rest of the foot. Our 3/4 length foot plate allows the front of the foot to bend as you walk.
Can I drive while wearing a Step-Smart brace?
- To find out if driving in any brace is an option for you, we suggest you consult with your medical provider. The brace structure and motion allows ankle motion both up and down. The Step-Smart brace does not lock the ankle as others do. The brace was designed with a 3/4 foot plate that ends at the ball of the foot to maintain the motion of rolling forward onto the front of your foot while you walk. That motion is essential in navigating up or down inclines. The open toes also maintains feeling regarding pressure placed in that area.
What is the shipping method?
- We use USPS priority mail shipping and it takes about 1-3 business days in the US. If you are an international customer and would prefer DHL as your shipping method, please let us know before you order since the price of DHL shipping varies.
Do you ship internationally?
- Yes, we do ship internationally.
What are the little rubber things in the back of the brace?
- The little rubber things are called bumpers or compression components. They are for shock absorption and that is what makes the brace lift your foot up.
How do I know which color bumper to use?
- You get a set of each color. Black is the hardest. Amber is medium and green is the softest. You will receive instructions on which bumpers to start with and then it becomes personal preference. You will need to experiment with bumpers — try them out to see if they give you enough lift and control when your foot is coming down. You will want to use the lowest level that gives you comfortable control. If you are using two different colors, the stronger bumper installs in the outside slot.
What is the piece of black plastic that comes in the compression component kit?
- That piece of plastic is the long tensor included in your kit in case you need to change out one of the tensors. You may need to change out the tensors to adjust the alignment of the brace.
How do I change my tensors?
Do I need to be fitted for the brace?
- For the off the shelf Step Smart you do not need to be fitted.
Are there any stores in my area that I can go see the brace and try it on before I buy it?
- We don’t sell our braces in stores. You can go right online to our website to purchase the brace. If you are in the US then you have 7 days to return it.
How do I change an I Strap?
Where can I buy the accessories for my brace? Straps, bumpers, tensors etc.?
Do I need to buy a package?
- You do not need the package at first. You can buy the individual Step-Smart and get started. It comes with everything you need and you can buy the extra parts separately but in the long run it will cost you more due to the discount you receive by buying the package.
What is the top cover?
- The top cover is a black pacific leather calf skin pad that adds extra comfort on the foot plate. The brace works just as well without it. Some people just have more sensitive feet then others.
What shoes work best with Step-Smart?
- There are many different shoes you can wear with the Step-Smart brace. Watch our video to see the variety
How do I determine what size Step-Smart to buy?
- If you order a product for overnight shipment on a weekend or after 5pm, your order will not go out overnight until we receive the order during normal business hours.
What is the Cuffed Calf Section?
- The Cuffed Calf Section is an alternative calf section to the standard calf section. It goes up about 2 inches higher then the standard calf section. It cups around your calf to distribute the pressure more evenly. There is no option for OVERNIGHT on this item.
Does the Step-Smart provide ankle support?
- Yes, it does.
Will I receive instructions with my brace?
How can I get a custom brace?
- You would need to go to a Podiatrist and get casted. The practitioner would then send the cast to us where we would fabricate the brace. Then we would give your practitioner the correct codes to bill your insurance.
Step Smart Brace Replacement Program 2019
Braces which are outside the warranty period which have worn out or broken are eligible for the Insightful Products Replacement Program
Send back your worn out or broken brace to us at the address below and note that you want to replace it with the same device and we will sell you a new one at a deeply discounted rate, currently $99.00 off.
This offer is limited to one replacement discount per calendar year, per customer. Braces which have not been broken but are simply aging should be at least 18 months old to qualify for discount.
Customers who are not able to send the brace back first (ie: it is your only brace and you need it until the replacement arrives) can pay full price for a new brace, and then send the broken or worn out brace back to us within 30 days to receive the discount as a refund on that purchase.
Call to obtain a replacement program authorization number before shipping.
This program is Insightful Products way of supporting our loyal users and clients in living the best life that they can. Amount of discount and availability of this program may change or end without notice.
ATTN: Replacement Program
2 Lincoln Ave Suite 8
Scarborough ME 04074
Foot Funnel Q&A
Does the Foot Funnel work with shoes that have standard or elastic laces?
- Yes, the Foot Funnel works great with any lace type. You need not untie the laces. The Foot Funnel does not go all the way to the bottom of the shoe; it simply rests on the very top of the back of the shoe. It is made of a slippery plastic material so your sock will slide right into place in the shoe. When you pull the long string attached to the Foot Funnel, it easily comes off the top of the shoe, leaving your foot snugly in the shoe.
Does the Foot Funnel work hi-top Nikes?
- Yes. The Foot Funnel works with many high-top sneakers so long as they’re ankle high. It does not work with beefy style hiking boots that come up above the ankle because the side walls are typically too thick and too tall.
Will the Foot Funnel work with large and small foot sizes?
- Yes. It works fine up to a size 15 US. It also functions great with small shoe sizes such as a Women’s size 5.5 US.
Is the Foot Funnel for children?
- The Foot Funnel was NOT designed for pediatric (small child) use. That said, we have customers that use heavy duty scissors to trim our Foot Funnel smaller. They say that it can be made to work well with smaller sizes. We do not directly support pediatric use or modifications to the Foot Funnel.
Does the Foot Funnel work if the user cannot physically lift their leg?
- Likely yes. The Foot Funnel is often used from a seated position. Once in position the heal slides easily into the shoe. An ‘aim and shoot’ or ‘drop’ approach works with a little practice. You need to be able to move your leg and foot enough to put your foot into the shoe while the shoe is on the floor. The Foot Funnel maintains the rigidity of the heel and helps to guide the foot into the shoe. It has a cord to pull to remove the Foot Funnel without bending once the shoe is on.
Masted Knee Brace Q&A
Is the Masted Knee brace just for Foot Drop?
- No. We designed the Masted Knee Brace primarily to stop distal migration (where the brace slides down the leg). Slippage is a very common issue with knee braces. Even when wearing a knee brace correctly, more often than not, there will be distal migration or sliding of the knee brace down the leg. This is a very common problem. Too many knee braces just won’t stay put. This impacts compliance and even device effectiveness. Because our Masted Knee Brace anchors all the way to the foot, distal migration is eliminated. Elimination of distal migration was the primary driver behind this brace. In fact, most users of this brace don’t have drop foot.Because the Masted Knee Brace anchors to a foot plate, it can be configured with an optional integrated Step-Smart for Drop Foot.